13919 Venice Court s Oregon City, OR 97045
(503) 504.9117 s email@example.com
Global Sales, Marketing & Business Development
Senior level executive with demonstrated success in initiating, executing, and sustaining company revenue objectives in the global marketplace. Unique ability to penetrate new overseas markets by spearheading relationship development with key clients/partners and seizing revenue opportunities to achieve market dominance. Solid background of top-level decision making and oversight of all components of business development activities including sales architecture from ground-up, talent management, sales and marketing activities, strategic planning and fiscal management. Successful and results-driven individual with proven background in engineering new initiatives that positively affect company revenue opportunities and profitability.
KEY QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
o Global Business Development and Strategy
o International Sales and Marketing
o Multi-Channel Retail Positioning
o Classic Brand / Product Management
o Factory Operations, Quality Control
o Strategic Planning & Market Analysis
o Product Lifecycle Management
o World-Wide Licensing Negotiations
o Sourcing, Supply Chain & Logistics
o P&L Budget Responsibility
o Demand / Sales Forecasting
o Pricing, Margin, Discount, Mark-Up
o Global Top Tier Key Account Management
o Distributor / Sales Rep. Recruitment
o Media, PR, POP Development
o Corporate Trademark / IP Management
o Highly Proficient In Japanese Language
INTERNATIONAL MARKET DEVELOPMENT
· Established new market distribution in Europe, Asia, and South America. Outlined specific target channels of distribution, developed ideal distributor, sales agent and/or retail profiles, prioritized markets to enter marketplace, conducted research and candidate evaluations, and made market-by-market entry decisions.
o Increased international sales from $5 million to $22 million in five years, achieving average annual sales growth of approximately 30%; established distribution in 35 countries
o Cross-functional (Fortune 50) team implemented sales and profitability plan growing business from $30 million to $100 million in Asia within six years (excluding acquisitions)
· Led new international product launches and licensing activities. Analyzed opportunities, market needs and requirements, researched partners and vendors, negotiated contracts/agreements including registration of trademarks, worked with key accounts on product specifications and launched ongoing sales and marketing efforts.
o New products contributed to an ongoing 6-8% yearly increase in sales
o Launched successful licensing programs in Europe, Japan and Argentina, generating royalties of $175,000 in the first full year (Disney, Harley-Davidson, Edwin Jeans)
· Increased market share in the global marketplace. Evaluated in-house capabilities, drafted proposals targeting specific opportunity markets, generated operational and sales budget requirements, and developed benefit/cost analysis as part of strategic planning covering a three-year period. Executed program through focused and targeted opportunities through tradeshows and advertising.
o Sustained average annual global sales growth exceeding 25% over 10 years with major branded companies by creating long-term viable and profitable partnerships in Europe, Asia and South America
o Generated sales in excess of $4-5 million in the first 18 months through awarded contracts in Pakistan, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Denmark, Norway, Italy, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, Brazil, Argentina and Uruguay
· Created and implemented long-term business development vision. Developed vision and strategic planning for product positioning, sales growth and support, pricing, productivity and quality measurements. Set-up customer service/care infrastructure and systems. Managed and forecasted budgets ≥ $25 million.
o Identified, developed, implemented, evaluated and communicated long-range global sales and marketing programs that led to market share dominance within their respective retail segments
o Refined existing planning models to better predict sales volumes, operating costs, inventory position and turn, margin and return on investment (ROI)
· Identified new business opportunities. Recognized future business opportunities to generate new business and sustain company growth.
o Successfully executed sponsorships of individuals, teams, events and competitions to increase company visibility and profile in the marketplace
o Created an incentive program by introducing a co-op program to all markets resulting in an immediate and sustained increase in marketing (varied between 25% - 200%)
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ARCHITECTURE
· Sales team development and management. Recruited, trained and managed a stable and aggressive global sales organization. Researched potential candidates through available and innovative resources provided extensive orientation of company and product line, developed and drove sales, marketing, and promotional objectives. Made frequent market visits and conducted yearly evaluations.
o Instituted quality procedures, practices, measurements and reporting results which improved company efficiencies and met or exceeded most if not all industry metrics
· Opened global offices in the U.K., Japan and Argentina. Streamlined local sales and regional marketing efforts. Set up budget, profit and loss controls, and determined operational needs, duties, requirements and responsibilities. Recruited and trained staff in all aspects of operations.
o Quickly improved market communications and enabled office (HQ) to work with sales network in closer proximity
· Spearheaded development of marketing support. Instituted marketing department to address sales team needs. Developed marketing collateral materials, sales tools, promotions/media campaigns and new packaging. Designated key trade shows for sales network to participate in that provided best marketing opportunities.
o Dominated markets with products strongly identified and recognized as major brands in overseas markets
President/Owner, 2002– 2008
Quiznos Sub (multiple locations) – Portland, OR
Vice President, Sales and Marketing, 1999–2002
Prison Blues – Portland, OR
Director of International Sales, 1993–1999
Alpha Industries, Inc. – Chantilly, VA
Market Manager-Asia, 1990–1993
Sara Lee Corporation (Hanesbrands Inc. – Hanes, L’eggs, Champion Sportswear) – Winston-Salem, NC
Internship (Marketing / Research Dept.), 1989–1990
Kao Corporation – Tokyo, Japan
Thunderbird School of Global Management – Glendale, AZ
Masters of Business Administration
Lewis and Clark College – Portland, OR
Bachelor of Arts – Business Management
“I create the blueprint to take a company international.”